Information for schools
More Than Talk Speech and Language Therapy Services offer an independent service into schools, nurseries and early years settings. We provide a tailored approach to suit the needs of each individual school. Settings often buy-in 2 days, 1 day, half a day or termly input. We are flexible and can accommodate your school’s requirements. Please get in touch to discuss this further.
Here is some of what we are able to offer your setting:
- Assessments; holistic assessment looking at attention and listening, receptive and expressive language skills, play and social communication and the impact of these on learning and well-being.
- EHCP application support; in-depth assessment reports with targets and outcomes.
- Whole class screening assessment; a highly valuable tool that assesses children’s communication skills. Data is collated and analysed at a whole class level and provided to the school which informs teaching and lesson planning. Feedback sessions can be provided to parents and teachers so they better understand the communication needs of their children. Early identification has the best outcomes for children.
- Reports; detailed and timely reports outlining key areas of strengths and needs with supported recommendations.
- Therapy; individual, group, whole class and indirect programmes depending on the needs of the children and of the school.
- Whole school training to teachers and teaching assistants
- Parent training, workshops and coffee mornings
- Planning with teachers for a differentiated and communication friendly curriculum
- Drop-in services for teachers and parents; a half-termly or termly drop in service where teacher and/or parents can discuss any concerns with a Speech & Language Therapist
- Onward referrals into other services e.g. for autism assessment, audiology etc.
- Consultation, advice and guidance
- Support to set up communication friendly environments and classrooms